Average rating: 5.0 • Rated by 1 user
Total time: 2 h 10 min
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 2 h
Cooking method: Cooking
Looking for a taste of Christmas? Look no further than this delicious Christmas Pudding with Brandy cream made from our Natural Coconut Yog!
1. Prepare the brandy cream first by whisking together all ingredients then store in the fridge until ready to serve. Then grease a 1L pudding dish with oil and set aside.
2. Combine the mixed dried fruit, orange, apple, spices, brandy, vegan butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan and heat over a low to medium temperature for 10 minutes and until the butter has melted.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour. ground almonds, baking powder and salt to remove any lumps. Then add the dried fruit mixture along with the flax egg, milk and vanilla and mix until well combined.
4. Tip the mixture into the pudding dish, push down and smooth the top with a spatula. Cover with a double layer of foil; greasing the bottom layer nearest to the pudding with butter. Tie some string around the foil to fix it in place during the cooking.
5. Place your pudding dish into a saucepan large enough to cover with a lid and fill it halfway with water. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and place the lid on to cook for 2 hours. Check the water level every so often and add more as necessary.
Comments are loading...