Average rating: 5.0 • Rated by 2 users
Total time: 10 min
Preparation time: 5 min
Cooking time: 5 min
This dippy v’egg is one of those vegan recipes that always divides opinion, whilst some of us may crave the nostalgic dunk and crunch others avoid anything that resembles food from their pre-vegan days.
1. Deseed the tomato and finely dice the flesh.
2. Add all the ingredients for the dippy sauce into a blender. Blitz until the sauce is smooth and golden, approx 30 seconds to 1 minute.
3. Pour the sauce into a non-stick pan and simmer gently until thickened to your liking. Keep stirring to ensure it doesn't stick. Don’t allow it to boil and bubble too rapidly. Mine only needed to simmer for 90 seconds.
4. Pour the sauce into a large egg cup, small container or glass jar. Make sure whatever you use is deep and wide enough to allow the soldiers to be properly submerged.
1. Slice your bread into thick fingers and lay them out in a single layer on a baking tray. Lightly brush both of the widest surfaces with olive oil and sprinkle with a tiny pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Toast the bread for a few minutes, under a hot grill or broiler, until golden. Flip over and toast the other side until evenly golden on both sides.
3. Dunk the toasted soldiers into the dippy egg sauce and enjoy!
Comments are loading...