Average rating: 5.0 • Rated by 1 user
Total time: 20 min
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Cooking method: Baking
These fudgy cookies are a cross between a chocolate cookie and a fudgy brownie all decorated with vegan sprinkles and edible eyes for the spookiest Halloween treat!!
1. Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Add the sugar and the water to a saucepan and heat until just dissolved.
3. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and vegan butter together until just melted.
4. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add in the salt.
5. Pour in the sugary mix and the chocolate mix and stir to a thick batter.
6. Working quite quickly, divide the dough into 12, scooping the cookies using an ice cream scoop or tablespoons, onto the trays. Leave a few centimetres around each cookie as they’ll spread.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes until crispy on the edges but soft in the middle.
8. Allow to cool for 10 minutes then add on the eyes and sprinkles and cool fully on a wire rack. Store the cookies in an airtight container for 3-5 day or you can freeze the cookies in a sealed container for up to 1 month.
Comments are loading...