Average rating: 5.0 • Rated by 1 user
Total time: 20 min
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Cooking method: Baking
These thick Soft Baked Snickers Cookies are easy to make with a rich chocolatey protein cookie base and a peanut butter caramel filling all topped with chocolate and more peanut butter. They are vegan, gluten-free and made with wholesome ingredients.
1. Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
2. For the cookies, whisk together the peanut butter, yoghurt, syrup, sugar, milk and vanilla till smooth. Add in the oat flour, ground almonds, protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Whisk to a thick batter with no specks of flour.
3. Use an ice cream scoop (or large spoon) to divide into 7-8 cookies, placing them on the trays with a small gap around each one as they spread slightly.
4. Using a greased spoon make an indent into each cookie and use your fingers, where needed.
5. Bake for 9-10 minutes, until crackled on top and still soften the middle, but the edges will be crisp. Place the tray on a wire rack.
6. While the cookies are warm, re-shape the indents with your fingers in the middle of the cookies. Allow to cool completely (about 1-2 hours or use the fridge to speed it up).
7. Make the caramel by stirring together the peanut butter and syrup with a pinch of salt.
8. Prepare the topping by melting the chocolate chips and coconut oil till smooth.
9. Carefully remove the cookies from the baking tray and fill the middles with the caramel. Drizzle over the melted chocolate and top with some extra peanut butter and crushed peanuts. Eat straight away or set in the fridge for 10 minutes.
10. Store in a sealed container for 2-3 days or in the fridge for 5-7 days. You can freeze the cookies for up to 1 month and allow to thaw before eating them.
Comments are loading...