Average rating: 5.0 • Rated by 2 users
Total time: 20 min
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Cooking method: Baking
Chewy and brownie-like chocolate cookies coated in chocolate sugar sprinkles and sandwiched with coconut whipped cream! These are easy and fun to make and the perfect brownie-cookie hybrid.
1. Melt together the chocolate and vegan butter either in the microwave or on the hob.
2. In a small bowl, whisk the aquafaba with a hand whisk until bubbly.
3. Pour the sugar, vanilla and aquafaba into the chocolate mix and whisk until glossy and smooth.
4. Sift the flour, cocoa/cacao powder and bicarbonate of soda into a mixing bowl and add the salt. Pour in the chocolatey mix and whisk/stir to a thick brownie batter. Cover and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper. Add the chocolate sprinkles to a shallow bowl.
6. The cookie dough will be very firm, but this is normal. Divide in 10-12 pieces and roll them into balls, washing your hands as needed. Flatten the balls slightly and then dip in the chocolate sprinkles, leaving the bottom free of sprinkles. Place 5 or 6 per baking tray, with 2-cm gap around them as they will spread.
7. For the most even cookies, bake one tray at a time, turning halfway throug,h for 8-10 minutes until slightly spread out and crackled on top and then cook the second tray in the same way. Allow to cool on the trays for 5 minutes to firm up and then cool fully on a wire rack before carefully removing from the parchment.
8. Whip the coconut cream for 2-3 minutes until really fluffy and place in a piping bag. Once the cookies are cool, pipe the cream onto the base of half the cookies and then sandwich together with the other cookies. Keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Comments are loading...